2014年1月26日日曜日

Cross country ski

        Today was my first challenge for the cross country ski. Since I came to Finland I decided I have to try any way the cross country ski. It’s the country for it.
Our university has some rental ski set for the students and staff. My secretary was kind to arrange me to have a set of ski during this winter. Of course the skies are very old ( the stock I rented is made by bamboo!!! But there is no other choice for my short height compared much taller Finnish people).
     Oh, well from the beginning I could stand up and at least walk with ski. But skiing smoothly was not easy at first. May be the ski is too old and dose not have proper grease or wax? Or I am too beginner? Any way I started tries to follow the trace of previous skiers. Slowly, putting out a little speed…..30 min, about 1 hr….
   

     I became feeling that it is fun! I was sweating terribly lot…more than 4 km and ended up to the small lake. It is totally frozen now. I skied to the frozen lake carefully.
On the way back the ski started cooperate with me a little better. Speed increased much more than before. I felt much more fun.

2 and half hour had gone. After all I sweat like a waterfall. But it was really fun, I already decide I will keep continue during the winter, definitely I will return next weekend again!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿